How do I pick the right spectrum analyzer for my application?
IntroductionThe SIGLENT SSA3000X, SSA3000X Plus and SVA1000X products are based on a similar swept superheterodyne spectrum analyzer platform and have very similar starting prices. There are quite a few similarities, but also a few differences that could affect the end results for particular applications. The table below compares the major specifications and the comparable options as they pertain to specific applications like VSWR.
|SSA3000X Series||SSA3000X Plus Series||SVA1000X Series|
|SSA3021X||SSA3032X||SSA3021X Plus||SSA3032X Plus||SVA1015X||SVA1032X|
|SA Bandwidth||9 kHz - 2.1 GHz||9 kHz - 3.2 GHz||9 kHz - 2.1 GHz||9 kHz - 3.2 GHz||9 kHz - 1.5 GHz||9 kHz - 3.2 GHz|
|VNA Bandwidth||-||-||10MHz - 1.5 GHz||100 kHz - 3.2 GHz|
|VNA Calibration Kit||-||-||F503ME|
|DANL||-151 dBm (RBW 10Hz)||-161 dBm/Hz||-156 dBm/Hz||-161 dBm/Hz|
|-161 dBm, Normalized to 1 Hz|
|RBW||10 Hz - 1 MHz (1Hz settable)||1 Hz - 1 MHz||1 Hz - 1 MHz|
|Phase Noise||< -98 dBc/Hz@1 GHz, 10 kHz offset||< -98 dBc/Hz@1 GHz, 10 kHz offset||< -98 dBc/Hz@1 GHz, 10 kHz offset|
|EMI filter details||200 Hz, 9 kHz, 120 kHz||200 Hz, 9 kHz, 120 kHz, 1MHz||200 Hz, 9 kHz, 120 kHz, 1MHz|
|Touch Screen||-||Touch Screen, Mouse & Keyboard, Webserver||Touch Screen, Mouse & Keyboard, Webserver|
Additional SVA Features and OptionsStill having trouble choosing? Here are some additional features and options that are exclusive to the SSA PLUS and SVA platforms that may help: Free Features:
- Touch screen control with shortcut widget
- Mouse/Keyboard support
- Easy web browser web control
- Power-On-Line - Instrument will automatically restart when power is restored to the mains power connection (power cord) when this feature is enabled.
- AM/FM modulation analysis (SVA1000X-AMA. SSA3000XP-AMA) enables visualization of data encoded using AM/FM
- Digital modulation analysis (SVA1000X-DMA. SSA3000XP-DMA) enables visualization of data encoded using FSK/ASK
- Advanced measurement kit (SVA1000X-AMK, SSA3000XP-AMK) feature Harmonic and CNR measurements in addition to CHP/ACPR/TOI/OBW/Monitor.
- Mechanical calibration kit for VNA (F503ME)